The Hill Country Yacht Club maintains a vibrant sailing program emphasizing sailboat racing and recreational sailing. Members have varying amounts of experience, from novice to national champion. No matter what your level of expertise is in sailing, HCYC has something for you.
HCYC has several experienced sailing instructors. Free sailing instruction is available to members as well as mentoring for racing or specific boat handling skills. Our members’ ownership of boats range from 17 foot Portsmouth dinghies to 30 foot plus cruisers. In addition to privately owned boats within the club, HCYC maintains a small fleet of 14 foot Sunfish. Our Sunfish are available for any member to check out for use.
Here is a summary of our current sailing program.
- Informal sailing instruction year round
- Free formal weekend sailing course as scheduled
- Organized Sailboat racing year round except for December
- Free use of club owned Sunfish sailboats
- HCYC is also home to Guadelupe Fleet #135 of the Day Sailer Association
More information regarding the sailing program and sailing questions may be directed to Philip Costa, Rear Commodore for Sail at [ email TBD ].
Races and Regattas for 2017